Are you interested in how the Luxembourg social-security system works?
This is the course for you if you want to find out what makes the system attractive, especially in terms of:
- the level of old-age pensions paid by the Luxembourg State;
- your rights regarding healthcare provision; and
- your rights regarding family allowances and financial assistance for your children.
In this context, PwC’s Academy is pleased to offer this training course focusing on your Luxembourg social-security rights.
The course will cover various issues, such as joint insurance for family members; Luxembourg’s eligibility conditions for retirement; a practical example for calculating the old-age pension; what you receive if you stop working; healthcare services provided abroad; the right to family allowances for both Luxembourg residents and non-residents; and more.
The course will also include various case studies, providing you with a better understanding of how the Luxembourg social-security regime works and giving you all the practical information you need to be able to exercise your rights.
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- understand the risks covered by social security and their rights to the most common benefits; and
- know which authorities to consult for specific matters and what administrative steps to take.
- Comparing the costs and advantages of the Luxembourg social-security regime
2) Applicable legislation
- Membership conditions for the Luxembourg social-security regime
- European and international regulations for “mobile employees” (travelling on business, on secondment or cross-border commuters)
- Clarification on who is protected
- Practical aspects: applicable rates, contributions, reporting requirements
3) Protection provided by Luxembourg social security
- Healthcare in Luxembourg: what is covered and how to obtain reimbursement
- Healthcare abroad: the S2 route, Directive 2011/24/EU, healthcare outside the EU
- Rules applicable to cross-border commuters: the S1 route, how coverage occurs
- Inability to work: how to apply for assistance, administrative steps
4) Luxembourg benefits available to families
- Overview of benefits available to families
- Family allowances/parental leave: what’s new?
- Special conditions for “mobile employees”
- Reform of chèques-service (childcare vouchers): what you need to know
5) Luxembourg old-age pensions
- Pre-retirement vs old-age pensions
- Calculating your insurance record: applicable European and international rules
- Calculation methods for old-age pensions
- Practical aspects: procedures, deadlines and competent authorities
Our expert consultant
As a Director at PwC, Séverine Moca has almost 15 years of experience in personal taxes. She is extensively involved in cross-border employment as well as expatriate services and is currently in charge of various multinational companies.
Séverine leads a team which deals with international assignment services, rendering personal tax services and advising client on international employment. She also coordinates and provides external trainings focused on personal taxation, and international mobility program
- All taxable natural persons, whether resident or non-resident, who pay Luxembourg social-security contributions.
This course is also available in French
Duration: 3 hours
Number of participants: limited to 20, in order to guarantee maximum interactivity