This system library was created by the Publishing feature to store pages that are created in this site.
Single Supervisory Mechanism
Technical Skills, Financial Sector
General course details
The objective of this 4-hour course is to de-mistify the technical and practical implications of the up-coming so-called Single Supervisory Mechanism (SSM) that will change forever the way Eurozone-based institutions will be supervised and regulated.
The course will be structured along the following items:
- Why the SSM? A brief history as to why and how the SSM came into existence;
- The bigger picture: a brief overview of the single rule book (including the role of other authorities such as the European Banking Authority and the connection with other directives such as CRD IV, Bank Recovery & Resolution
- What entities are in scope and how are they determined (significant and less significant entities);
- Practical aspects: how the relationship with the regulators and (National) Competent Authorities will be impacted.
- Chief Financial Officers (CFOs)
- Risk Managers
- Personnel and executives working for the internal audit or compliance department
- Personnel and executives working for the accounting & reporting department
- Financial analysts
- Credit analysts
- Liquidity specialists
This training is coordinated by Emmanuelle Henniaux, Partner at PwC Luxembourg. It will be animated by Emmanuelle Henniaux and Jean-Philippe Maes, Director at PwC Luxembourg who is involved in Basel II & III issues. They are working closely with our clients and will therefore be able to understand your concerns and questions.
Emmanuelle is a Regulatory and Audit Partner specialized in the banking industry. She has more than 20 years of experience in the financial sector in Luxembourg. She has a unique expertise of regulatory requirements applicable to banks and other professionals of the financial sector. She is auditing several banking institutions with subsidiaries and / or branches abroad and other professionals of the financial sector in Luxembourg.
|| |Jean-Philippe has over 8 years’ experience in Basel II / III areas. He has helped many banks, investment firms and management companies implement Basel II and III. He created the review of prudential reporting and related processes for his clients. What is more, he supported PwC’s external audit teams, which allowed him to review the ratios and reportings of more than 50 banks.
He also contributed to the design and review of ICAAP reports (Pillar 2 of Basel III) for more than 40 financial institutions in Luxembourg.
As a trainer, Jean-Philippe has an extensive teaching experience having trained more than 500 employees in the financial sector on the Basel III topic in the last 5 years. In particular Jean-Philippe also delivered this training to several European regulators, including the European Securities and Markets Authority (ESMA).
Number of participants
Limited to 20 participants to ensure good interactivity.