Would you like to get the most value from your efforts at work?
Typical participants find themselves spread too thinly, not getting enough done and not making enough impact on the important things that truly make a difference. Whether this is due to a change in role, chaotic and dynamic environment, external distractions or wandering personal focus, this workshop delivers solutions through:
By the end of the training participants will be able to:
identify your personal challenges (your time sins, time thieves and time wasters)
choose your battles – which obstacles do I focus on eliminating first?
refocus on your SMART goals
embrace the need to choose
committ to action with practical and proven tools for eliminating these obstacles
prepare to protect your commitment once you get back into the workplace
Using a coaching approach, this workshop looks at:
- Lacking time: the problem or a symptom of the problem?
- The difference between being “busy” and being “productive”
- Parkinson’s Law and the 60-hour week
- Why change? – looking at reality and identifying the harsh personal consequences
- Time sins (personal behaviour) , time thieves and time wasters (external factors)
- Identifying and eliminating obstacles to your success
- Refocusing on your personal and professional goals
- The importance of clear objectives
- Identifying and valuing your time management profile
- Identifying tasks
- Evaluating tasks
- Sequencing tasks
- Eating that frog—strategies for overcoming procrastination
- Email madness – practical steps that will work for you
- Dealing with time thieves—assertive conversations with time wasters
- Building a realistic change plan
Our lead expert
||Jane Davies has over 20 years’ experience in the training and IT fields. Having run projects in public and private sectors, with clients ranging from multinational companies to universities and start-ups, Jane’s can provide a wealth of practical and easy-to-apply methods and techniques.|
This practice-oriented seminar is beneficial for all professionals looking to get the most value from their efforts at work.
The “+” of this training
Interactive activities, awareness-building exercises, experience sharing supported by a self-guiding coaching manual.
Duration: 1 day
Number of participants: Limited to 12 participants to ensure good interactivity