Market turbulence, credit crisis, and pressure from governing bodies for additional regulation in the alternative investment sector are some important elements which we believe will put an increasing emphasis on the requirement to have a strong and reliable fair valuation process for private equity assets. Going forward, General Partners can expect investors, auditors and regulators to scrutinise their valuation estimation more closely.
PwC's Academy proposes this training to help you deal with this topic.
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Describe accurately accounting valuation rules
- Understand precisely the valuation guidelines
- Apply recognised methodologies
- Deal with the most common accounting issues
- Why valuation is key?
- Valuation methodologies
- Price of Recent Investment
- Market multiples
- Transaction multiples
- Discounted Cash Flows
- Reconciliation of valuation methodologies
- General Partner and employees of General Partner
- Head of administration, accounting & finance department and their team
- Sales and customer relationship manager
- Custodian officers
- Compliance officers and internal auditors dealing with Private Equity and Venture Capital vehicles
- Professionals of the Financial Sector involved in the management and/or administration of Private Equity and Venture Capital vehicles
Our lead experts
This training is coordinated by Valérie Tixier and Johan Blaise, respectively Audit Partner Private Equity Funds Leader and Audit Partner, PwC Luxembourg. The session is presented by PwC subject matter experts dealing on a daily basis with Private Equity valuation issues.
Valerie has an overall experience of 19 years and her client's portfolio mainly comprises private equity funds and structures. She is the current engagement partner for Partner Group structures in Luxembourg. She is specialized in Investment Management and is responsible for Private Equity funds within PwC Luxembourg.
She is also course responsible for PwC Luxembourg private equity funds clients’ training and regular speaker in conferences or events in relation to Private Equity. In addition, she is the partner part of our AIFMD core group with respect to Private Equity matters.
Johan is acting as a partner in the Audit department. Since joining PwC in 1999, he has gained experience in both medium side and international assignments. In particular, he has developed strong skills in auditing investment funds (including hedge funds), with a large focus on the private equity industry. He is actively supporting the PwC Luxembourg Private Equity Group.
He is currently focussed on private equity through the audit of several private equity structures organized under various type of companies (SICAR, SIF, Part II funds, holding) as well as through the review of the valuation of the funds participations (review of the fair market value using different valuation methods, application of the EVCA guidelines, etc.).
Duration: 4 hours
Number of participants: Limited to 20 participants to ensure appropriate interactivity throughout the session.