The promotion to a management or team leader position brings with it new expectations and challenges. Up to this point, career success is based mainly on technical expertise. Managers and team leaders, however, require a whole set of behavioural skills: they need to be able to lead, to delegate, to motivate and to give effective feedback.
This compact two-day training programme, developed by PwC's Academy, allows participants to acquire a practical toolkit of tried and tested management techniques that will help them to be successful in their management role.
At the end of the training, participants will be able to:
Explain the key requirements related to a managerial role
Use increased self-awareness as a basis for developing their own management style
Improve personal effectiveness
Build valuable interpersonal relationships in a professional environment
Define their own approach to leadership
- Leaders – born or made?
- Management – a question of personality
- Self-Management and productivity
- Principles of effective communication
- Trust and credibility
- Setting goals
- The rules of delegation
- Giving feedback
- Influencing styles
- Individual action planning
- Participants foreseen for promotion to a management or team leader position
- Recently promoted managers or team leaders
- Managers or team leaders who have been active in their role for up to three years
Feedbacks from past participants
- "Simple and practical. Can be used in every work right away."
- "Very well structured course and equilibrate rythm between theory and practical exercises."
This workshop is coordinated by Nicolas Lefèvre, Partner at PwC's Academy. It will be animated by Scott Levey, Senior Trainer at Target Training, one of PwC’s Academy’s longstanding external partners. He has been active in management training for over 15 years, and strongly believes that the right toolkit at the right time can have a decisive impact on performance.
Scott Levey is a Director at Target Training GmbH, and has 18 years of training experience, delivering effective soft skills and management training solutions for a broad range of clients across Europe. In addition to his responsibilities as a manager, Scott remains actively involved in analyzing clients’ needs, designing and developing practical and transferable training interventions, and executing effective programs. Scott is licensed to use the Trompenaars Intercultural Awareness Profiler and is also Kirkpatrick Training Assessment certified.
Target Training GmbH has been delivering effective soft skills training solutions for over 15 years, working specifically with PwC’s Academy for over 7 years. Target Training specializes in building communication and interpersonal skills and helping participants successfully apply what they have learned in the international workplace.
The "+" of this training
The learning approach is personal and interactive.
group exercises, review of key management models, and open discussion and role plays
Prior to the training itself, participants have a phone interview with the trainer in order to:
- agree on individual training objectives
- explore the participants working environment and current challenges
- reinforce the participant's sense of responsibility towards the training process
Number of participants : Limited to 12 participants, to ensure a high level of interactivity.
Duration : 2 days