This course brings in the newest and latest research on the cutting edge Positive Psychology (the science of happiness). Positive Psychology is an evidence-based science studying what’s “right” with people. It includes a classification of strengths and the use of strengths to enrich development.
At the end of the training, participants will be able to:
- Understand the “Science of Happiness”
- Recognize positive emotions in working situations
- Utilize techniques to better manage strengths
- Find “flow” moments at work and at home
- Have more positive relationships both professionally and privately
- Discover sense of purpose in the daily routines at work
- Appreciate one’s own life achievements
- History of Positive Psychology
- World Happiness Report and its meaning
- P.E.R.M.A and it’s connection to flourishing
- Case studies of companies using Positive Psychology
- Role-playing designed to create positive experiences
- Thoughts create things exercises
- Takeaways to get you started immediately
Our lead expert
This programme is delivered by Dr. Randall Birnberg. Randall is a psychologist, Certified Positive Psychology Coach and has been practicing and teaching self-management techniques for over 20 years.
After finishing his B.A. and M.A. in Organizational Communication and Psychology, respectively, he moved to Europe to begin his doctorate with the world renowned E.H.E.R.O. institute at Erasmus University in Rotterdam. His current field of research is “life satisfaction of US citizens living in Germany”. Positive Psychology and its connection to self-management can be described as an evidence based science studying what constitutes excellence in individuals, communities and workplaces.
It incorporates the study of appreciation, resilience, life satisfaction, self-perception, self-confidence, strengths and well-being.
Randall also lectures at the University of Aachen in Germany and trains, coaches and consults international and European companies in the area of “well-being” and “work satisfaction”. He is also actively involved in the current extensive Positive Psychology movement and conducting presentations at conferences around the world.
His key strengths after 30 years of education, knowledge and experience is bringing the “science of happiness” to companies and showing managers why and how a satisfied and positive workforce is more motivated, more effective, more solution oriented and less absent - resulting in a positive working environment and higher revenues for the company.
- Human resources managers
- Managers and team leaders
- Business leaders
The plus of this training
This course provides the participants with real, hands on techniques to discover more positive emotions at work and additionally gives methods on how to determine real meaning in your job.
It concludes with practical ‘takeaways’ that are guaranteed to start you on your way to a healthy mind and body.
Duration: 1 day
Number of participants: limited to 12 participants, to ensure a high interactivity during the training