The roll-out of global accounting standards has been publicly supported by many international organisations, including the G20, World Bank, IMF, Basel Committee, IOSCO, and IFAC.
IFRS have currently been adopted by more than 135 countries which make it the “preferred financial language” overall.
Nevertheless, being widely adopted does not mean it is simple. PwC Professionals introduce you to that new language in a very pedagogic way and illustrate concepts with real life and concrete examples taken from their daily experience.
PwC’s Academy proposes a programme that has been developed for those who are not familiar with IFRS and would like to gain basic knowledge in this area.
By the end of the training, participants will be able to:
- Explain general concepts of the standards presented during the course and their impact on the preparation of financial information under IFRS
- Book current transactions under IFRS
- Apply requirements linked to the presentation of IFRS statutory and consolidated financial statements
- Put into practice the basics of the standards
- Assess the impact of a conversion of accounts under IFRS
- From issue of a standard to European Union endorsement – how does it work?
- Financial statements under IFRS – key presentation rules
- Balance sheet under IFRS
Tangible and intangible fixed assets
Impairment of non-financial assets
Provision and taxes
Introduction to financial instruments
Introduction to Revenue Recognition
Notion of control
Business combination and goodwill
Non-current assets held for sale
- Chief Executive Officer
- Chief Financial Officer
- Accounting managers and their teams
- Consolidation managers and their team
- Professionals of the financial sector
- Financial controllers
- Internal auditors
- Tax consultants
Our lead expert
This training is coordinated by Marc Minet, lead partner of IFRS Learning Solution of PwC Luxembourg.
Marc Minet is the IFRS leader for PwC Luxembourg and is partner in the Assurance Practice. He has over 20 years experience in serving financial and multinational institutions providing audit and advisory services. From 2004 to 2006, Marc Minet was part of the PwC Global Accounting and Consulting Services (GACS) central team in London as a partner specialised in accounting for financial instruments under IFRS.
The training will be animated by partners, directors, senior managers or managers of PwC Luxembourg daily involved in the implementation of the IFRS standards.
This training as also available in French
Number of participants
Limited to 20 participants to ensure good interactivity.